DEATH, THRASH, BLACK, HEAVY, DOOM AND ROCK METAL ZINE

- REVIEWS, REPORTS, INTERVIEWS - SUPPORT METAL UNDERGROUND

neděle 2. července 2017

Home » » Recenze/review - TANKARD - One Foot in the Grave (2017)

Recenze/review - TANKARD - One Foot in the Grave (2017)


TANKARD - One Foot in the Grave
CD 2017, Nuclear Blast

for english scroll down please

Mezi záclonami problikává ostré světlo. Hlava mi třeští, bolí celý člověk. Nechci vidět tenhle svět, nechci vstávat, nechce se mi žít. Všechno na mě padá a slibuji si pořád dokola, že už nikdy více. Už nikdy nebudu pít.


Ano, nové album německé thrash metalové legendy mě přijde trošku jiné, než předchozí počiny. Poslouchám desku pořád dokola a říkám si, že TANKARD jsou tentokrát nějací "smutní". Nebo tak na mě alespoň novinka působí. Chvíli skladby vstřebávám a pomalu se mi dostávají do krve. Jako dobrý uleželý bourbon. Nalévám si znovu a čím dál tím víc oceňuji skvělý zvuk. Je až s podivem, že jsou pánové ve svých letech pořád tolik ostří a nepostrádají tu správnou rebelskou jiskru. "One Foot in the Grave" zraje jako dobré víno.



Na "One Foot in the Grave" ze sebe TANKARD dostali maximum. Líbí se mi vokály, jedovatě studené motivy i nálada celého alba. Jsem starý fanoušek a jde na mě nostalgická nálada. Nahrávka je nebývale pestrá a pořád mě nutí k dalšímu a dalšímu přehrávání. Cítím se jako po prohýřené noci, kdy na vás najednou začne útočit realita. Na TANKARD je spolehnutí, ti mě z opice vždy proberou. Nemám vlastně žádných kritických připomínek, snad jen mohla být deska trošku kratší, ale jinak jsem spokojený a zpívám si spolu s kapelou. Nalijte mi ještě panáka, ať spláchnu tenhle svět do kanálu. Pokud hledáte pravý a reálný thrash metal, kterému můžete věřit, tak neváhejte! TANKARD nejsou dokonalí, ani nepřinášejí vlastně nic nového, ale když ono je mi s nimi tolik moc dobře. A teď mě prosím omluvte, mám nějakou práci. Čekají mě kamarádi, holky a alkohol. A abych nezapomněl, barmanovi řeknu, aby nám pouštěl celý večer "One Foot in the Grave". Parádní thrash!



Asphyx says:

There is a bright light flashes between the curtains. My head is crushing, my whole body hurts. I do not want to see this world, I do not want to get up, I do not want to live. Everything falls on me and I promise to myself all the time that this cannot happen again. I will not drink ever again. 

Yes, the new album by German thrash metal legend seems different than the previous ones. I listen to this album over and over again and I think to myself that TANKARD are a little “sad” this time. Or at least the album has the “sad” feeling for me. I absorb the songs for a while and they slowly go into my veins. They are like a good bourbon. I am pouring it again and I appreciate the great sound. It is strange how sharp those guys are although they are a little bit older now but they still have the great rebel spark. “One Foot in the Grave” matures like a good wine.


On the album “One Foot in the Grave” TANKARD did their best. I like the vocals, poisonous cold motives and the whole mood of the album. I am an old fan and I am quite nostalgic. This record is unusually colourful and it makes me listen to it over and over. I feel like after a long drinking night when suddenly there is the reality attacking me. You can rely on TANKARD, they always get me out of a hangover. Actually, I do not have any critical notes about the album, except from one and that is that the album is a little shorter. But otherwise I am happy and I sing with the band. Give me another shot of a drink so I can wash this world to a canal. If you are looking for a real thrash metal which you can believe, do not hesitate! TANKARD are not perfect, nor are they not coming with something new. But they are so good. Excuse me now, I have a job to do. My friends, girls and alcohol are waiting for me. And I have to remember to tell the bartender to put on the “One Foot in the Grave” so we can listen to it for the whole night. Great thrash!

Tracklist:
1. Pay to Pray
2. Arena of the True Lies
3. Don't Bullshit Us!
4. One Foot in the Grave
5. Syrian Nightmare
6. Northern Crown (Lament of the Undead King)
7. Lock 'Em Up!
8. The Evil That Men Display
9. Secret Order 1516
10. Sole Grinder 

band:
Gerre - vocals
Frank - bass
Olaf - drums
Andy - Guitar

Share this games :

TWITTER